The terms and conditions of the Portfolio Review organized at the LANDSCAPE ARENA project during the International Garden and Landscape Architecture Fair GARDENIA 2020 in Poznań.
The FRACTAL FOUNDATION is the organizer of the Portfolio Review, which takes place on 13 February 2020 during the LANDSCAPE ARENA event at the International Gardening and Landscape Architecture Fair.
The Portfolio Review is targeted at the landscape architecture professionals, garden designers and students of landscape architecture and garden designing majors.
The goal of the Portfolio Review is to enable professionals and students of the landscape architecture to compare their knowledge and experience with the experienced specialists invited for the show in this area from China, Finland, and Great Britain. The aim is also to be inspired and take a look at what a given professional does from a different angle.
Additional goal of the Portfolio Review is to award two prizes for the best professional portfolio and a student portfolio as well as a special prize: The Best Portfolio of the LANDSCAPE ARENA 2020 project.
- Each person willing to take part in the Portfolio Review can submit only one portfolio that presents a completed project or only one of the project areas.
- The submitted project can present a private garden project or city greenery.
- A person submitting the portfolio as a professional should present completed work.
- A person submitting the portfolio as a student can present completed work or a concept.
- The portfolio must be sent in a pdf file format using the Registration form available at: http://arenakrajobrazu.pl/registration/
- The portfolio must be saved in the pdf file format.
- The portfolio must contain at most 10 pages.
- The cover page must contain: project name, project’s place.
- List of plants applied in the project. Only Latin names allowed.
- Short description (maximum of 1500 characters) of the project in the English language.
- Photographs, drawings or other graphical representations of the project/ or its execution.
- Maximum file size – 10MB.
Any portfolio which does not meet any of the above formal requirements or contains any formal gaps will not be considered for the Portfolio Review.
The portfolio must be submitted by 26 January 2020. The decision is made based on the date registered by the registration system of the LANDSCAPE ARENA.
The formal evaluation of the received portfolios is made based on the following criteria:
correct content, that is a title page, description in the English language, plants included in the projects using Latin names, photographs or drawings, number of pages maximum 10.
Out of all the submitted works for the Portfolio Review, each of the Leading mentors chooses at most eight portfolios, which will be then discussed and analyzed live in terms of content during the ARENA KRAJOBRAZU on 13 February 2020.
The Portfolio Review agenda is available at the LANDSCAPE ARENA web page www.landscapearena.pl
The authors of the shortlisted portfolios will be notified by 5 February 2020 and will be invited to attend the review personally.
The shortlisted portfolio authors will cover the trip expenses to the GARDENIA Fair on their own.
Jury of the Portfolio Review.
The jury panel responsible for evaluating the received portfolios consists of special guests of the LANDSCAPE ARENA 2020, and these are: Chris Breadshaw – Great Britain, Jo Thompson- Great Britain, Taina Suonio – Finland, Hexian Jin – China.
The jury will award three prizes:
- The best “Professional” portfolio
- The best “Student” portfolio
- Special prize “The best portfolio of the Landscape Arena 2020”
- The jury awards for “student portfolio”, “professional portfolio” and “The best portfolio of the Landscape Arena 2020” are final and cannot be revoked.
- In special cases, upon the agreement of the jury, no prize may be awarded in a given category.
- The authors of the shortlisted portfolios will be notified about it by email.
- The prize will be awarded on 13 February 2020 during the LANDSCAPE ARENA event at the International Garden and Landscape Architecture Fair GARDENIA 2020) in Poznań.